#InstaReactions: Dean Smith, Friend of Bears
This week marks ACC Football Media Day(s), during which all the schools from the conference send coach and player representatives to speak with members of the local and national media to preview the upcoming season. On the surface it seems like a potential wellspring of Instagram’d pictures ripe to be broken down for the next installment of #InstaReactions. I mean it has “media” right there in the event title.
- So hey check out the snazzy new uniforms that Marquise Williams and Jeff Schottmer are rocking. So much better than the ones from the past couple years. Am I right?
- Marquise is holding a silver football, which I guess is the ACC Championship trophy. That’s neat.
- Oh did I mention that the uniforms had argyle on them. You know, like the basketball uniforms have since the 90’s. That’s cool isn’t it?
- You know what, forget this. Instagrams from ACC Media Day are boring as hell.
- Well until next time this has been #InstaReact….
A photo posted by UNC Basketball (@uncbb) on
…HOLY SHIT IT’S DEAN SMITH, BILL GUTHRIDGE, AND LARRY BROWN PLAYING GOLF WITH A GOTDAMN BEAR. RELOAD THE #INSTAREACTIONS CANNON!!!
- Dean Smith was the only person who could hold Mildred the Bear under 20 PPG.
- This picture led me down an internet rabbit hole where I discovered that Mildred the Bear was moved from the Atlanta Zoo to Grandfather Mountain with the intention that she would be released in the wild. Upon being released Mildred basically went “Page 145 of the ACC Media Guide” to the prospect of being a wild animal, instead deciding to hang out on golf courses, pose for pictures, and, I swear this is a direct quote from that article, “scare house wives.”
- Larry Brown is trying to give a LIVE BLACK BEAR daps. That’s how you end up becoming the only coach to win both NCAA and NBA titles.
- Unfortunately the following season Larry Brown benched Mildred the bear in favor of a new bear he liked better.
- This whole experience probably made recruiting Rasheed Wallace a whole lot less intimidating.