THD Trivia Week #1
Think you know your Tar Heel trivia? Want some internet points and some free notoriety? Let’s play THD Trivia!
THD Trivia rules:
-We’ll do #THDTrivia every Wednesday and every gameday.
-First person to enter correct responses to ALL questions will win that day’s trivia and whatever cash, prizes and booty.
-Prize for week #1 is a $10 Carolina Brewery gift card.
-We’ll post the winner’s answers here and of course on the Tweet machine.
Oh, and feel free to send your own question topics and ideas!
The Trivia – Week #1
- In what foreign country did Dean Smith coach AND play for a U.S. military team?
- How many consecutive free throws did Bob Lewis make during the 1965-66 season?
- UNC Men’s Basketball has had more than 50 McDonald’s All-Americans play since 1977. If you took each of the Burger Boys to play at UNC out for a Quarter Pounder at Mickey D’s, how many ounces of beef would be consumed? (Assume each player eats one full sandwich, weighing exactly a quarter pound.)
The Answers – Week #1
- Dean coached and played for a U.S. military team in Germany.
- Bob Lewis made 39 consecutive free throws during the ’65-’66 season.
- The players would have consumed 280 oz. of beef! (70 McDAA’s x 4oz = 280 oz.)
Shout out to this week’s winner, @dschwentker, for the correct answers. Your prize from Carolina Brewery is on the way!
Credit: VKO Enterprises, Carolina Athletics, McDonald’s